Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Spring Dance Recital !

May 31 brought us to the pinnacle of our dancing year - the Recital. Because I wimped out and got knee surgery, I did not dance in the recital, but my kids did. I was backstage helping with costume changes, while Tom and my dad recorded the still and video footage. Thanks guys.


This woman is the creator of it all. My good friend Amidey (aka The Talented One) selects the music, creates all the choreography, and teaches all of the dances to forty-some-odd students spread among several classes. There are ballerinas as young as 3 years old, clear up through cloggers in their early teens. Her abilities and patience continually amaze and astound me. This girl is the real deal.



Here is a portrait taken under duress of our adult beginner clogging class. From left to right, Erin, Me, The Talented One, and Jessica on the front row. This class has been a riot, and I continued to attend class even after it was clear that I would not be able to limp through the recital, just to laugh with (and at) these awesome women.


And here is a sample of Jessica's default attitude, which contributes much to the chaos and fun of the class. Have I mentioned that I love this kid? I am so glad she moved to town so we could become joined at the hip. It is because of her that I decided to try clogging, and I am so very glad that I did.

Here is Nathan on stage while dancing "Get Your Head in the Game". He looked awesome with his big smile and high knees. He really enjoys clogging and I am just thrilled.


Megan the ballerina. This girl dances in her sleep, I think. The other morning she got out of the shower and while standing in front of the bathroom mirror in a puddle of water on the tile floor, prepared to do a pirouette. Naked. In a puddle of water. I kiboshed that one, and then five seconds later when I turned around again, she was clogging! Heaven help me if that kid breaks her neck someday.


If I can get blogger to work, I'll post videos of the dances. I had a clip uploading, but I want to go to bed now. I'll try again tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this with us. Way to go Nathan and Megan. I wish I had a fun weekly exercise class to attend with people. You are very lucky. Good luck with the recovery. Hope to see some footage of you next Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing wimpy about knee surgery...you are crazy. I am so glad you continued coming to class. love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last word I would describe you as is wimpy. I think it is funny how hard we had to convince you to even try this class and now you have the bug like I do. Thank you for the nice compliments.

    ReplyDelete