Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Recipe: Crock Pot Chicken Tacos

I love my Crock Pot slow cooker. During cooler months, I use it on insane afternoons - you know the ones, where one kid has ballet lessons and this other kid needs a ride to the horse training barn and I have Cub Scouts and the husband has Some Important Meeting.

This recipe is amazingly simple, deceptively easy, and wonderfully yummy and goes really well with Spanish Rice.

Ingredients:

  • 4 boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts (but I have used leg quarters and pulled the bones out after cooking--they're cheaper!)
  • 1 16 oz can mexican style Stewed Tomatoes (or if you're lazy like me, plain stewed tomatoes)
  • 1 8 oz can Tomato Sauce
  • 1/2 Onion, diced
  • 1/2 Green pepper, diced
  • 1 4 oz can Diced Green Chili Peppers
  • 1 package Schilling Taco Seasoning (about 2 Tablespoons if you buy bulk)

Place all ingredients in crock pot (how easy is that!?). Cook on low temperature for 6 hours or more. Shred chicken with 2 forks before serving. Serve with flour tortillas, refried beans, shredded cheese, lettuce, sour cream, guacamole, etc.

You'll be glad you did. Very, very glad.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a great recipe. I love the easy stuff and you know for us crockpot meals are a must during the dance season. I want a recipe for the spanish rice. Do you make it from scratch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! And you need to put this in your quick link recipes on the right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. D'oh! Spanish Rice was supposed to publish before this one... how did I mess that up? This is what happens when I write a bunch of stuff at once and schedule it for auto-post.

    And you thought I was just an early riser! I have the whole world fooled. Permit me a cruel chuckle. Muhwhahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am def going to try this one! Thanks so much for sharing~

    ReplyDelete