Friday, July 4, 2008

Swimming!

FTR - an afternoon at the pool is never at the top of my "to do" list. It seems like such a waste of time to me. But last week the kids were begging to go swimming, and I was inclined to acquiesce to their requests (means "yes"). Just for kicks, we invited a couple of friends along.

Here is Megan with her new best friend Scottlynn.


Nathan invited his best friend, Nathan Buhler (who, coincidentally is also left handed just like my Nathan - how weird is that?). Mr. Buhler was sporting his Dracula look that day.


Susan couldn't find any friends on such short notice, and so was sentenced to an agonizing afternoon of hanging out with her very lame mother. But she got to wear her new Diviine Modestee swimsuit, so she was happy anyway. Plus she likes me. A little, anyway. I think.

Oh, and Susan asked me to mention that if anyone decides to buy a swimsuit from DM, please don't copy her way cute raspberry suit with the candy speckles, ok?

Here is my Nathan doing an underwater handstand while Dracula watches.


Here are the seagulls invading our careless neighbors' campsite. We not only let it happen, we had a grand time documenting the carnage.

What? It' s not like I'm my brother's keeper or something. Sheesh.


Ooooh! Nachos! I found nachos, guys!!!

Here is Scottlynn diving off the edge of the pool.



Not bad! Not bad at all!



Here is Megan's dive off the diving board.



Where did she learn to do that? I'm impressed.



Scottlynn can't let that go unchallenged.



Okay, maybe she can.


Then Nathan did this twisty turning launch that was mostly too quick for the camera to catch.




Too bad I didn't have my brain with me that day or I would have videotaped it instead. What was really cool was the dive he did later while I was in the pool. He took two quick steps to the end of the board, jumped high, and leapt over the water in what looked like a tuck dive. But he never untucked. He went into the water in a headfirst Cannonball! It was awesome.

I guess you had to be there.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool. What a wonderful way to spend a hot summer afternoon. :)

    ReplyDelete