Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I'm so cool

So last weekend my firstborn hosted a surprise birthday party for her friend, Christina, at our house. Her friend, Aubrynn, was also in on the nefarious plot, and was therefore hanging out at our house Saturday afternoon. Those girls cooked yummy brownies and cookies, and I mixed up some yummy faux caramel apple dip (ooh, I should probably post this recipe, huh?) and dill dip for potato chips.

At one point in the preparations, the discussion turned to the upcoming premier of Twilight 10 days 7 hours and 30 minutes as of this writing. Apparently the local high school is selling discount tickets to students for the midnight showing of the premiere. Adorable Aubrynn turned to me and asked if I was planning to see the movie.

"You betcha I am!" I replied with appropriate enthusiasm.

"Really?! You should go with us!"

I was really touched that my teenager's friend thought I was cool enough to want to go to the movies with me.

"Aw, Aubrynn, that's sweet of you to invite me! I was planning to go with my girlfriends though, but thanks!

"Well, you should still come with us. To drive us at least."

Huh. I guess my coolness is related to whether or not my daughter and her friends need a ride somewhere.

6 comments:

  1. What is "Twilight"? Please tell an oldboatguy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I think I have that same amount of coolness (the guy with the car kid) but even tht's starting to wear off a bit with my oldest (LOL!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes when my kids have been bugging me to play all day long, and I feel like I'm losing my mind, I try to remember that there will come a day when they will no longer want to be seen in public with me.

    I guess my days are numbered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coolness in the eyes of teenagers is way over rated. The cool kids from my high school still have minimum wage jobs (oh so many years later).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee hee. Ain't that the way it goes. Ulterior motives galore.

    And did you say, nefarious? Wow. Big word, girl.

    Do you think I have time to read that whole Twilight series before the premier?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now thats awesome!!! how cool are you! I can NOT wait till twilight opens sigh...

    ReplyDelete