Sunday, August 12, 2007

Yellowstone Post #3

I am more than a little embarrassed that it has taken me two months to finally finish off the record of our trip to Yellowstone (June 11-14). I almost didnt' do it, but there were some choice shots that I had promised to share. So here we go.

The second day we spent at the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone. I didn't even know there was such a thing. I wasn't sure what to expect. I wasn't disappointed.

Lower Falls

Lower falls up close. Just to the right of the brink of the falls you can see the teeny little people standing on the lookout.

And now I am one of the teeny little people taking pictures from the brink of the falls. Hearing and watching all of that water plunge over the edge was awe inspiring. I love waterfalls.

The view looking north from Lower Falls. Amazing.


Upper Falls. I think it's cool how the river makes a 90 degree turn just before plunging off the edge of the falls.

Nathan and Megan found themselves a hiding place in the cavity of a rock. Luckily there weren't any snakes in there.

After the Canyon, we headed back to our hotel, but before we got very far, we were stopped by a traffic jam. Of course, you have to get out and see what all the fuss is about. This time is was worth it: a Grizzly mama and two cubs just 30 yards off the road.

An eagle flying. Really, it is!


Ah, here's a better picture.

1 comment:

  1. beautiful...makes me want to go in about 5 years when i no longer have a toddler :)

    ReplyDelete